- How long have you been working with Reiki? What training have you had? How often do you teach? How do you personally use Reiki? What is your lineage?I have been working with Reiki since June 1993. I originally got my first attunements from Liz Tarr, a very talented Reiki Master Teacher in my home area. After my introduction to Reiki from her, I consequently got my Reiki II from her. More recently…I received my Reiki III from a local Elder in my spiritual path. Shortly after that, I received what I consider my “teaching level” attunemnets in Usui Shiki Ryoko tradition, as taught by William Rand’s school. I later recieved training in Karuna Reiki ™ through the same folks.I teach every so often, usually for friends. I have helped in several “Reiki Marathons”, and have taught a few classes on my own. I tend to work with smaller groups of people I know.
I tend to use Reiki a lot….I practice every day, and have an emphasis on experimentation. Right now I am doing a lot of work with “Reiki Grids”. I am also a magickal practicioner, and try to find the interconnections with different energy systems to understand how they can work together.
As for Lineage? Well, for Usui, it is:
Dr. Mikao Usui, Dr Chujiro Hayashi , Mrs. Hawayo Takata, Phyllis Lei Furumoto, Carol Farmer, Leah Smith, William Lee Rand, Laura Gifford ,Mark R. Brown, andTyger Brightfield
And in the fine tradition of sharing attunements and training, I have gotten further training from Mark Brown and Eric Kiper
For Karuna Reiki, my Lineage is:
William Lee Rand, Laura Gifford, Mark R Brown, Tyger Brightfield, and Eric Kiper.
- Will this training initiate me into, or progress me within the Usui lineage?NO. the on-line training may help you in understanding Reiki. The attunments may help you personally become profficient in the use of Reiki. But in no way does it take the place of hands-on classes and training. Sorry….Even I am not that lenient in training. If you find Reiki to be a good thing for you, definitely go into study with a good teacher.
- What qualifications are required to take Reiki Training?In my classes, I expect a willingness to learn. You should have some experience with Reiki or another form of energy work. I expect you to have a brain, and to actually do some research. If you decide to simply get the attunments and to play games, you get what is coming your way. This is not a game.
- What do you cover in your classes? How many hours of class time is included? How much time is instructional, and how much is hands on practice?As this is an on-line resource, I will attempt to cover everything I can….up to and including attunment methods. I do recommend you use this information to help you in your studies. I do not consider it a replacement for hands-n study with someone who has experience. if you have no such access to teachers, I will try to make this as complete as I can…but their are limits on what I can do through a web page….
- What are the specific things I will be able to do after taking the training?Hopefully, you will be able to access Reiki. I will provide info on gridwork, hand positions, different healing techniques, and a few of the magick techniques I have developed from the Reki systems. What will you be able to do with it? what you put into it.
- What are your fees, and will I get a certificate and a manual?Obviously no fee on-line. No certificate, and the manual is whatever you print out from the page. If people want an in-person attunement from me, we can talk.
- Can I take notes and tape record the class?Of course. Keep me accountable and honest…(Grin)
- How many symbols will I learn?With the Usui System, the three main healing symbols, the main master symbol, and the “auxilliary” master symbol….(there are several different stories on one of the symbols….I like it, so I teach it) There is also a cleansing symbol called the Fire serpent….so a total of six.
- Is there a Reiki support group in my area or can you help me establish one?There is bound to be. Online is a wonderful resource to find them.
- Will you openly support me in being a successful Reiki practitioner or master?If you got it in person from me, yes. Online….well, this is an honor system. I do not expect you to claim anything unless you have actually done training with someone. This is for study and use….not to be used as a “proof” of your right to call yourself a Reiki Master.
- Do you have a positive respectful attitude toward other Reiki practitioners and masters regardless of lineage or affiliation?Most definitely. There are lots of lineages and affiliations. All paths are worthy of respect, as I see it.
- Be aware how you feel about the answers to these questions and if they are responding in a loving manner that is supportive and empowering. Listen to your heart and you will be guided to the right teacher.